Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken

I found this recipe on All Recipes. I loved it but it was too spicy for my husband, whose idea of spicy is using black pepper. I will probably try to minimize the spice factor by decreasing the cayenne next time.

Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken
Print this Recipe

INGREDIENTS:

3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons lime juice

DIRECTIONS
1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts.

2. Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.

4 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I think I've tried this recipe in the past and thought it was pretty good. Thanks for the reminder... I should make this again soon!

~Amber~ said...

It looks great. I have never tried this basic recipe but I did create a spin off of it that is a pasta dish.

The Kitchen Vixen said...

the chicken looks delish, but the real reason I'm here is that you've been tagged for a Meme.

check out my blog for the deets;)

Mrs.Babbsy said...

Great recipe! I have passed through my family already. It's so good.