I first came across this recipe when I was hosting a Pampered Chef show at my home. The host had given me this recipe to get all the ingredients, then she would prepare it during the show. She demonstrated the Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/ Slicer which reduced the apple preparing time down to less than a minute per apple. It doesn't contain oats like other apple crisp recipes but it turns out better in my opinion. You can use other types of apples but the granny smith apples give it the best flavor.
Quick Apple Crisp
Source: Pampered Chef
5 Granny Smith apples
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples Cut apples in half. Place apples in 9 x 13 ungreased dish.
2. Pour cake mix over apples. (I only use 3/4 of package)
3. Mix cinnamon and sugar and pour evenly over top of apple mixture.
4. Melt butter and pour evenly on top.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.