My friend Laura gave me this recipe after I complained that I was in a recipe rut. She adapted it from a few different recipes she had used through the years. Oh my goodness! It was amazing! I'll definitely add this to our chicken rotation.
4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned and seasoned with garlic salt
1 cup flour
3 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup wine
3 cloves garlic, pureed
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup lemon juice
1. Pound your chicken until 1/4 inch thin. Dip the chicken in the flour then set aside.
2. Make the batter by beating the eggs briskly, then adding in the lemon juice, parsley, wine, garlic, and parmesan.
3. Coat a heavy skillet with margarine, butter or olive oil and place over medium-high heat.
4. Dip the floured chicken pieces generously in the batter and place in the heated skillet. Cook until golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes each side. Remove chicken from the pan and drain excess oil.
5. Make the wine sauce by melting the margarine in the pan, then stirring in the wine and lemon juice.
6. Return the chicken pieces to the pan, spooning the wine sauce over all and cook 1 minute longer.