Monday, March 10, 2008

Chicken Francaise

My friend Laura gave me this recipe after I complained that I was in a recipe rut. She adapted it from a few different recipes she had used through the years. Oh my goodness! It was amazing! I'll definitely add this to our chicken rotation.


Chicken Francaise

Ingredients-
4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned and seasoned with garlic salt
1 cup flour
3 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup wine
3 cloves garlic, pureed
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated

Sauce:
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup lemon juice

Directions:

1. Pound your chicken until 1/4 inch thin. Dip the chicken in the flour then set aside.

2. Make the batter by beating the eggs briskly, then adding in the lemon juice, parsley, wine, garlic, and parmesan.

3. Coat a heavy skillet with margarine, butter or olive oil and place over medium-high heat.

4. Dip the floured chicken pieces generously in the batter and place in the heated skillet. Cook until golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes each side. Remove chicken from the pan and drain excess oil.

5. Make the wine sauce by melting the margarine in the pan, then stirring in the wine and lemon juice.

6. Return the chicken pieces to the pan, spooning the wine sauce over all and cook 1 minute longer.

2 comments:

Ally said...

That looks delicious! And it's on my menu for tomorrow : )

Michele said...

I made this last night and it was fantastic. The only thing I did differently was a slight change to the sauce. After I had the butter, wine and lemon juice in the pan and the alcohol cooked down a little, I whisked in a few shakes of Wondra (a very fine flour made for sauces that doesn't clump like regular flour) to give it a little body. I also salted and peppered the chicken rather than garlic salt. I served it with a tomato & red onion salad (fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and crushed garlic). yummy. thanks for the recipe. :-)