Sunday, March 9, 2008

Strawberry Cream Cheese Tarts


I saw this recipe while watching Paula Dean's Food Network show and was intrigued by the use of vanilla wafers as the crust of the cupcake. The mix ended up being for more than 12 cupcakes like the recipe called for. When I took them out of the oven they were puffed up over the cupcake liner and I was concerned how the heck I would have any room for the pie filling. Once they cooled, they sunk in. I'm not sure if they were supposed to do this or if I did something wrong but either way it made for a perfect place for the pie filling. They were great but I think next time I'll add another teaspoon of vanilla.

Strawberry Cream Cheese Tarts
Source: Food Network's Paula Dean
Ingredients-

2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
12 vanilla wafers
1 (21-ounce) can strawberry filling, or other pie filling


Directions-
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup of a muffin pan.
2. Beat cream cheese with a handheld electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Place a vanilla wafer, flat side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow tarts to cool completely. Serve with blueberry filling on top, or pie filling of your choice.
5. Chill for at least an hour to set

1 comment:

Erin said...

These look sooo good! I will have to try them!