Monday, May 26, 2008

Mushroom Porkchops


I've been on a lifelong search for a really great porkchop recipe. Sadly, this recipe wasn't it. It was good, but it wasn't "holy crap I could eat that everyday for the next week and be happy". I would make it again but I'll continue search for the porkcop recipe that makes me weep.


Mushroom Porkchops
Source: All Recipes
Ingredients-

4 pork chops (I used boneless. Bones scare me.)
salt and pepper to taste
1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
1 onion, chopped
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup

Directions-
1. Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste.

2. In a large skillet, brown the chops over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms, and saute for one minute. Pour cream of mushroom soup over chops. ( I added a half cup of water at this point because it seemed to thick. Don't. Trust me, it thins out.) Cover skillet, and reduce temperature to medium-low. Simmer 20 to 30 minutes, or until chops are cooked through.

No comments: