Saturday, June 21, 2008

Shrimp Scampi

This is one of the staple dishes in our house. It's incredibly easy and very good. I do recommend adding a bit more white wine so its a bit more wet.

Shrimp Scampi


Ingredients-

8 oz linguini ( I used whole wheat penne)

2 T olive oil

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 small onion, minced

2 t red pepper flakes (I omitted)

1 pound shrimp, peeled

2/3 cup white wine ( I used 3/4)

3 T fresh parsley, minced or 2 T dried

salt and pepper

Directions-
1. Prepare pasta according to directions on package.


2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes and saute until soft.

3. Add shrimp and cook until firm, about five minutes. Remove shrimp. ( I left them andf lived to tell the tale) Add wine to the skillet and bring to simmer. Add Parsley. Let simmer gently for a 2 minutes. Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: