Tuesday, June 17, 2008

White Chocolate Ice Cream

I don't know why I even bothered taking a picture. It looks like plain ole vanilla ice cream but I can assure you....IT IS NOT! I've been on a white chocolate kick since making the Blondies so I used a chocolate ice cream recipe from my ice cream maker manual and switched it up with white chocolate. The result is the most wonderful tasting ice cream I've had in a long, long time. My husband has this thing about all ice cream needing a topping of some sort so he added the only thing we had to his: Cinnamon Toast Crunch.


I hate to admit it but it was genius. So good!

White Chocolate Ice Cream
Print this Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup whole milk (used skim)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
8 oz white chocolate chips
2 cups heavy cream
1 t. vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Heat the whole milk until it is just bubbling around the edges (can be done on your stovetop or in a microwave).


2. In a blender or food processor, pulse the sugar with the chocolate until finely chopped. Add the hot milk, process until well blended and smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and let the chocolate mixture cool completely.

3. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Chill for 30 minutes or longer. Follow directions on ice cream maker, let mix until thickened.

2 comments:

~Amber~ said...

This looks fantastic! I love white chocolate.

Jen said...

I think I need to get myself an icecream maker!!

I tagged you in my blog.