Saturday, December 27, 2008

Antipasto Pasta Salad

I made this for a Christmas luncheon we had at work and it turned out really good. I've been looking for a go-to pasta salad recipe and this is it. I made the salad and dressing the night before and mixed in the dressing about an hour before serving after reading some reviews. It kept the salad moist.

Antipasta Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
1 pound seashell pasta
1/4 pound Genoa salami, chopped
1/4 pound pepperoni sausage, chopped
1/2 pound Asiago cheese, diced
1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, and cool under cold water.
2. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, salami, pepperoni, Asiago cheese, black olives, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and tomatoes. Stir in the envelope of dressing mix. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
3. To prepare the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad, and mix well.

5 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love a good, hearty antipasto salad and this looks great!

uncanny said...

You have been awarded a blog award! Swing by http://adventuresinmyfreezer.blogspot.com/ if you'd like to see it!

Ashley said...

I have made so many of your chicken recipes and my fiance loves them. Thanks so much! Check out my blog for a little special something for you!

Mrs. Realife said...

Y.U.M.M.Y. !!! WOW!

Mrs. Realife said...

p.s. -- I'm following, because clearly I need you! Sometimes I fear my poor husband might die of starvation... I SUCK at cooking!