I saw this recipe on Baking Blonde's blog and it sounded so good I had to try it. They come out a bit crumbly but the taste makes up for the mess! I found that flattening them with a spatula after about 20 minutes of cooling made them conform more into bars.
Source: Baking Blonde
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup butter (no substitutions)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
15 crushed graham crackers (I used 8 rectangular crackers)
1 1/2 cups small marshmallows
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Line an 8x8 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, 3/4 cup marshmallows and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Set aside.
3. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine the egg, butter, sugar and vanilla. Cook, stirring constantly until it comes to a full boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
Pour mixture in bowl with the graham crackers, marshmallows and chcolate chips. Stir to combine. (Marshmallows and chips will melt a bit).
4. Fold in remaining marshmallows and chips.
5. Press mixture into prepared pan.Cool until set. Remove foil and bars from pan, cut and serve. Store in airtight container either room temp or in fridge (if during warm months).