Monday, April 28, 2008

Bourbon Chicken

I was craving Chinese food but wanted something a bit more healthy than what we would get from a take-out restaurant. I found this recipe on Recipezaar and luckily had all (okay, most) of the ingredients. I skipped the ginger but it still tasted great! I think next time I'll make a bit more sauce and toss the broccoli in with the chicken.

Bourbon Chicken
Source- Recipezaar

Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces (I used 4 breasts)
1-2 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed (I used two)
1/4 teaspoon ginger (omitted)
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (omitted)
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned. Remove chicken.

2. Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.

3. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Made this last night, i used all the ingredients and doubled the recipe. It was absolutely delicious! My husband had the rest for breakfast.

Nicole said...

This was so good! It was the first time I have made chinese food at home that didn't end up in the trash can!

Nicole said...

I made these for the second time last night. I forgot apple juice at the store, so I used orange juice instead. It was still good, like I would not throw it away, but it was not nearly as good.